Yakubu Hassan a Nigerian footballer handed, suspension indefinitely for slapping a referee. – BelloNaija
Connect with us

Sports

Yakubu Hassan a Nigerian footballer handed, suspension indefinitely for slapping a referee.

Published

on

The Nasarawa Football Association has announced the indefinite suspension of one footballer for assaulting a centre referee,

Yakubu Hassan, who plays for ”Dubagari Football Club”, Lafia, a local team in Nasarawa state slapped a centre referee Kasimu Ahmadu during a football match with another local team, Winda Force Football Club after he was cautioned for an infringement. The incident occurred on Oct. 29.

The fixture was part of the state’s FA 2019/2020 ‘Premier League Competition’.

Confirming the disciplinary action, Halidu Akwashiki, the Vice Chairman of the Nasarawa Football Association said: “The actions we took will serve as lessons to other players and clubs never to intimidate or instigate violence on match officials and to adhere strictly to the rules of the game.”

“It was embarrassing for everyone, and I mean everyone including the fans because we all assumed this action is unheard of in this generation but to our surprise, we have been reminded on the dangers match officials face just for doing their jobs; it is sad,” he said.

He also added that aside from the suspension, the player was ordered to write an apology letter to the match officials and his club to pay a fine to the FA.

Also speaking on the situation, Mohammed Isa, Secretary-General, Nasarawa state Referees Council, expressed his disappointment over the incident and also suggested that a stiffer punishment should be handed to any player who violently attacks referees on the field of play.

“We feel bad on the issue and reported to the FA who have now taken action against the player and his team but despite that, we have called on the state FA to ensure that what happened does not repeat itself again,” he said.

Isa further revealed that the referee council will boycott any fixture if the player who assaulted the referee is selected in any upcoming games.

“I want to assure you that the player will never participate in any competition within this state again and if he is participating, the referees in the state shall not participate; that is our stand,” he said.

Sports

Super Eagles star forward, Moses Simon winsplayer of the month for October in his team Nantes’

Published

on

  • Moses Simon has been named Nantes’ best player for the month of October .The Nigeria international was impressive last month scoring four goals for Nantes . He is expected to be in Super Eagles’ squad against Benin Republic in Uyo French Ligue 1 side Nantes have named Super Eagles winger Moses Simon as their best player for the month of October after impressive performances.
  • In the month of October, Moses Simon was superb for Nantes scoring fours goals including a hat-trick against FC Paris. The 24-year-old Moses Simon beat Pallois Nicolas, Mehdi Abeid, and Andrei Girotto to the award of player of the month. Nantes took to their social media official page to post the video of Moses Simon showing the award to the fans inside the stadium.
  • Disappointing Golden Eaglets lose first match to tough opponents in final group game at FIFA U17 World Cup Meanwhile, Nantes are currently occupying 8th position on the French Ligue 1 standings with 19 points after 13 games played this season. Moses Simon is expected to be available for Super Eagles’ 2021 AFCON qualifiers against Benin and Lesotho on November 13 and 17.
  • Gernot Rohr’s men will first face Benin at the Godswill Akpabio stadium in which striker Ahmed Musa is expected to be the captain. Although the former Leicester City star missed the friendly against Brazil, he has been the captain of the Super Eagles since John Obi Mikel retired. Mikel retired from the national team after winning a bronze medal with Nigeria at the 2019 African Cup of Nations in Egypt.
Continue Reading

News

Son Heung-min dedicates goal to André Gomes against Red Star.

Published

on

Son Heung-min, Tottenham star, may still be overtly devastated by guilt but by virtual of his highly remorseful gesture during Spurs’ victory over Red Stars, the South Korean star has accrued more love to his side. Son put behind the most spine-chilling moment of his career that saw him accidentally dislocate André Gomes’s leg in a Premier League tie against Everton as he hit brace in Spurs’ Champions League win over Serbian side Red Star Belgrade.

But the top highlight of the encounter was when the 27-year-old refused to celebrate his second goal and opted to use the moment apologise to the Everton star in a touching moment caught on camera. Son would later disclose that he staged the on-pitch gesture out of respect for Gomes because he understood “his situation.” “I didn’t want to celebrate because I wanted to respect his situation. Of course, I still feel really, really sorry about the situation,” the 27-year-old said Young girl selling groundnut gets enrolled in better school after signing graduate’s shirt “Of course, I still wish Andre Gomes gets well soon and best wishes,” Son submitted according to Balls report.

The emotional action has set social media agog with football fans across the world praising the South Korean star for his humility and his enviable sense of remorse. “Son didn’t even celebrate scoring a Champions League goal because he is more saint than human being and still feels bad about Gomes’ injury. I love him,” Samuel Army posted.

Continue Reading

News

NFF Officials have been passed judgement on by FCT Court of alleged $8.4, N4bn fraud.

Published

on

Chieftains of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), including its President, Mr. Amaju Melvin Pinnick, have been discharged and acquitted on all counts of alleged corruption charges in a case brought by the defunct Special Presidential Investigation Panel (SPIP).

The panel, headed by Okon Obono-Obla who is now on the run to avoid prosecution by the Independent Corrupt Practices and Related Offences Commission (ICPC) had filed a 16-count charge against Pinnick, Seyi Akinwunmi (1st Vice President), Shehu Dikko (2ndVice President), Mohammed Sanusi (General Secretary) and Ahmed Yusuf (Executive Committee member), with claims of alleged corruption against the men, and even subjected them to extensive media trial at home and abroad. Among the charges were misappropriation of the sums of $8.4million and N4billion, conflict of interest and non-declaration of assets.

At a point, now-fleeing Obono-Obla wrote to the Confederation of African Football (CAF), twisting all the facts with regards to Nigeria’s participation in the CAF Congress of 2015.

On Tuesday, Justice Ijeoma Ojukwu dismissed the entire case with all 16 charges, and acquitted the NFF chieftains in consideration of the submission of the defence and the prosecution and in line with the rules of administration of criminal justice.

The clean bill is a confirmation of the position of the NFF on all swirling allegations of corruption against its officials. Nigeria’s supreme football governing body has always insisted that its leaders were being victimized by persons who lost elections through the ballot and were seeking other means to upturn things at Glass House as well as disgruntled individual on a mission of vendetta.

Only last month, a motion by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC to remove the names of Pinnick and Sanusi from the witnesses’ category and add them to the list of accused persons in a case at the FCT High Court over the same $8.4million FIFA Grant was put on hold, after the Office of the Attorney General of the Federation submitted that it was taking over the case with a view to ascertaining its validity, seeing that same persons were being charged spuriously in different courts or investigated by several agencies over the same allegations hewed out of petitions by the same individuals.

At the court on Tuesday, a counsel from the Office of the Attorney General of the Federation, which had taken over the case, said it could not proceed with the matter as the proof of evidence could not sustain the charges. NFF’s counsel adduced reasons why the charges could not be sustained.

Continue Reading

Trending