Victor Moses back from his loan and back to Chelsea in January – BelloNaija
Connect with us

Sports

Victor Moses back from his loan and back to Chelsea in January

Published

on

Turkish club, Fenerbahce, are set to return on loan winder Victor Moses back to Chelsea according to reports in Turkish media.

Moses, who gradauted from the Crystal Palace Academy, previously played on loan for English clubs Liverpool, Stoke City and West Ham after he was deemed surplus to requirements at parent club, Chelsea.

Chelsea loaned him to Fenerbahce this season, but his form coupled with injuries, has made his time in Turkey seem like a bad move, as he hasn’t scored any goal or made any asisists in his last three matches.

According to top Turkish media outlet, Fotospor, Fenerbahce will send Moses back to Chelsea in January as club manager Ersun Yanal isn’t happy with Moses’ contribution and wants to sign a right winger in January.

According to another Turkish news media outfit Fanatik, the AFCON winning former Nigerian international is plotting to make a comeback to Stamford Bridge with the approval of Chelsea manager Frank Lampard.

Moses and Lampard were teammates in the Nigerian’s first season at the west London club and Lampard is aware of his qualities.

Moses’s original agreement with the Turkish Super Lig side is expected to run out on May 31, 2020 and his contract with Chelsea ends at the end of next season.

Sports

Israel Adesanya, Nigerian-born UFC champion wins award for best fight and walk-out of 2019

Published

on

By

Israel Adesanya had a successful year in the UFC winning two major fights and was crowned UFC’s middleweight champion in 2019.

The Nigerian-born New Zealand fighter became the interim champion after defeating American Kelvin Gastelum via unanimous decision.

And the 30-year-old ended the year as middleweight champion following a knockout victory over Robert Whittaker.

Adesanya has now been awarded with the 2019 Helwani Nose Award for the fight of the year against Gastelum.

The Last Stylebender told his corner he was willing to die going into the final round of his incredible battle with Gastelum.

He also earned the best Walk Out of the Year when he performed choreography with his dance group before his fight with Whittaker.

Adesanya’s second title defence is likely to be with Yoel Romero in March after a mandatory challenger Paulo Costa was forced out through injury.

“The fight’s done,” Adesanya said.

“I literally just got to the gym now. I’m about to get some work in. Make no mistake, I’m still putting work in. I’m still getting ready for my second title defense against a veteran in the game, a veteran in the wrestling, a tough motherf—–, the boogeyman of the division, the guy no one calls out – except ‘Stylebender.’”

“The fight will happen, and it will happen on our terms as well,” he added.

“I’m happy. I have no doubt that I’m going to get what I want out of this fight.”

The British heavyweight champion has agreed to give up his belts after he was ordered to face Kubrat Pulev or Oleksandr Usyk to retain his IBO and IBF titles.

Continue Reading

Celebrate This

Asisat Oshoala wins Africa’s Best Women Footballer’s Award for the fourth time

Published

on

By

Super Falcons player, Asisat Oshoala took to Instagram to celebrate winning the African best women footballer award for the fourth time. 

Oshoala who noted that sometimes people forget to smell the roses along the way in life, revealed that she is always thinking about her next move and also never stops to celebrate her wins. 

The Barcelona star revealed that winning the award for the fourth time is an amazing accomplishment and she is extremely blessed to have been in a position to accomplish it. 

She wrote; 

4 times baby!!! Sometimes you forget to smell the roses along the way in life. I’m always the type thinking about my next move and never really stop and celebrate he things in between. This is such an amazing accomplishment and I’m extremely blessed to have been in this position to accomplish it. It’s a blessing to see the wonderful lives I’ve touched in my young life. I truly appreciate all the love. But there’s still work to do 

Asisat Oshoala celebrates winning the African best women footballer award for the 4th time
Z
Continue Reading

Sports

Ronaldo is 1st star to score for 18 consecutive years in Europe’s top 5 leagues

Published

on

By

Cristiano Ronaldo has taken his legendary prodigy to another significant landmark after becoming first football star to score at least one goal in one of Europe’s top-five leagues in each of the last 18 years.

The Portuguese superstar, at 34, is showing massive hunger to break and set big records, thereby proving that age is just a number with his predatory instinct making the points.

Cristiano Ronaldo unleashed his incredible prodigy and shut down his critics with a brilliant hat-trick to hand Juventus a vital 4-0 win over tough Cagliari on Monday afternoon, January 6.

The astonishing brilliance, which is his 36th league hat-trick of his trophy-laden career, saw him increase his tally to 13 goals and two assists in 1315 minutes played since the beginning of the season.

The former Real Madrid star made history by becoming the second player in history to hit treble in Serie A, La Liga and the Premier League after former Barcelona and Manchester United star Alexis Sanchez.

As if that was not enough, Ronaldo also added another feather to his cap by becoming the first player to score in Europe’s top 5 leagues (EPL, La Liga, Serie A, French league and Bundesliga) for successive 18 years.

What this means is that the former Real Madrid star is the first player in history to hit the back of the net with at least one goal for good eighteen football seasons.

Meanwhile, Cristiano Ronaldo has become the only player in Europe’s top five leagues to hit double digits for 15 consecutive seasons following his first-half double for Juventus against Udinese.

Old Lady came into the game head-high on Sunday evening, December 15, with Ronaldo leading the attack-line in another show of formidable partnership with Paulo Dybala.

Continue Reading

Connect

Get Content Tailored To You

Tonto Dikeh steps out to encourage Nigerians saying; “Stop talking about your past, start walking into the future.”

Advertisement

Facebook

Trending