Conference rooms, entertainment centers expected in next generation cars – BelloNaija
Connect with us

News

Conference rooms, entertainment centers expected in next generation cars

Published

on

Future cars are here. This aptly sums up the impression of those that attended the just concluded CES 2020 in Las Vegas, United States, as automakers displayed concept vehicles with flamboyant designs, which are due for production and sale before the end of the year.

One of the auto concept displays still attracting a great deal of exciting comments online came from Continental, a German car software and hardware manufacturer. It is a three-in-one car – a conference room, an entertainment centre and an automobile.

Continental said the cars of tomorrow would have all these things and more as it reportedly presented its vision for the automotive industry, in which consumer technology would blend seamlessly into new cars, making people’s journeys more personalised, holistic and ultimately connected.

A report by engadget.com captures the exciting moment created at the event with the display.

The report read in part, “Continental executives took to the stage on Monday at CES to regale the assembled crowd with their vision of a safer, smarter and more connected driving future.

“First, the company showed off its upcoming “transparent hood” feature based on the existing Surround View system. It consists of a set of four cameras mounted on the vehicle’s undercarriage that beam a view of the road under the vehicle to the central display in the cabin.

“Continental also previewed its Natural 3D Display concept. Using the 3D light-field technology that the company debuted last year, the central console will float 3D images and data a few inches from the display’s surface and reportedly be visible from any seat in the vehicle without the need for special glasses.”

An online journal, techradar, in a report by Olivia Tambini on the issue, said the CES 2020 fair presented a glimpse into the cars of tomorrow and it quoted a spokesperson for Continental as saying, “This is the largest transformation the automotive industry has seen since its birth.”

It described the innovation as one of most exciting new technologies coming “as part of a new partnership with Sennheiser, which brings immersive Ambeo 3D audio to your car – and in turn, transforms your humble vehicle into an instrument, negating the need for space-consuming speaker systems.

“Continental’s Ac2ated Sound system uses specially designed actuators to ‘excite’ specific surfaces in a vehicle, using the resonant areas of the car to amplify sounds being created by vibrating the vehicle’s interior.

“In theory, this will create a bespoke, immersive audio experience, all in the comfort of your car.”

Natural 3D Centerstack is another new technology shown off at the tech show. This is said to turn the display on a car’s dashboard into a 3D experience – without the need for special glasses or head tracker cameras.

It is said to work by emitting a light field that gives a 3D impression of the information on the centre console display in the car, in 4K resolution – for example, accepting a call could generate a 3D hologramme-like avatar of the caller.

Continental said the display board could also be operated by a touch, providing hepatic feedback, increasing the rate of convenience and safety.

The team from cnet.com that covered the show also reported that the CES was gradually turning into an auto show in its own right, with lots of new concept and production cars taking the stage.

It also noted, “It’s amazing, with all the new techs being crammed into cars these days.”

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Royal Split: Prince Harry expresses great sadness

Published

on

By

Britain’s Prince Harry expressed “great sadness” on Sunday at the way he and his wife Meghan had to give up their royal titles as part of separation settlement with the Queen.

“It brings me great sadness that it has come to this,” Harry said in his first remarks on Saturday’s historic agreement, made during a public address and posted on the couple’s Instagram account.

“Our hope was to continue serving the Queen, the commonwealth, and my military associations, but without public funding. Unfortunately, that wasn’t possible,” he told supporters of his Africa-based charity for youngsters with HIV at an event in London.

The settlement stripped Harry and Meghan of public funding and required them to repay £2.4 million ($3.1 million) of taxpayer’s money spent on renovating their Frogmore Cottage home near Windsor Castle.

Harry was also forced to give up the military titles and patronages he was awarded after serving two tours in Afghanistan with the British Army.

But Harry said he felt “utmost respect” for Queen Elizabeth II.

“It has been our privilege to serve you, and we will continue to lead a life of service.”

“I will always have the utmost respect for my grandmother, my commander in chief, and I am incredibly grateful to her and the rest of my family, for the support they have shown Meghan and me over the last few months.”

He also hinted at some trepidation at starting a new life away from his royal home. He and Meghan will spend some time in Canada before deciding whether to move to the United States or another country.

“We are taking a leap of faith — thank you for giving me the courage to take this next step,” he said.

Continue Reading

News

President Buhari reveals why he joined Politics

Published

on

President Buhari finally reveals why he joined politics after his release from prison President Muhammadu Buhari has revealed why he joined partisan politics after he was released from prison over thirty years ago. He said he joined politics because of his integrity.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Will Smith and Martins Lawrence named Honorary police officers by Miami City Police Force

Published

on

Hollywood actors, Will Smith and Martin Lawrence, ahead of the release of the new ‘Bad Boys for Life’ movie, were on Sunday honored by the Miami City Police Force for their outstanding contribution to the growth of the entertainment industry in Miami.

Smith has lived and worked in Miami for almost half a century, and the Bad Boys movie Franchise has always been shot in Miami, hence the Miami city police force thought it wise to celebrate and honor Will Smith and Martin Lawrence, and handed them ‘keys to the city’ plaque and Miami police force badges while also granting them honorary police officer titles, roles they both played in the Bad Boys film.

Smith took to Instagram to celebrate the achievement . 
He posted;

“Been rockin’ with Miami for over 25 years and today me and @martinlawrence got the keys to the city and were officially made honorary Miami Police officers!! Big thanx @francisxsuarez and @pitbull (happy BDay) for setting us up! #badboysforlife,” the 51-year-old actor shared on Instagram alongside a series of photos and videos of the two men receiving their keys.

In one of the videos, the official who presented Smith, 51, and Lawrence, 54, with the honor also announced that Jan. 12 would be celebrated as the “Bad Boys for Life” day in the city of Miami, which was met by cheers from the crowd.

Continue Reading

Connect

Get Content Tailored To You

Tonto Dikeh steps out to encourage Nigerians saying; “Stop talking about your past, start walking into the future.”

Advertisement

Facebook

Trending